Pages

Friday 22 February 2013

Share your family photos.....

I love Tots100, they always give these little challenges that give me ideas for blogs.  This month it was to share a family photo and write about why it is your favourite.

This was for me a challenge and a half.  I think my children actually thought I came complete with a camera shaped hand for the first few years of their lives as I was never without a camera of some shape or description.  As they have got older, they now realise that it isn't joined to me permanently but I still take an inordinate amount of photographs on a daily basis.  So you can imagine choosing just ONE photograph has put me under an awful lot of strain and it's been an agonising decision. 

I have two children so choosing a photo, unless I went for the family shot meant I had to decide on one child ahead of the other as well.  A decision not to be taken lightly.  The family shot was out of the question.... I only work well on one side of the lens.

So without further ado I present to you my one favourite shot.



This is M at the ripe old age of 6, in the garden with her rabbit Toffee.  It's not a majestic sweeping vista of some far flung corner of the globe.  She isn't doing anything spectacular like taking her first steps, performing in her first ballet show or winning a showjumping class on her pony.  She is just in our little back garden playing with her rabbit. 

What makes it so special for me is that we'd only just got Toffee when this was taken.  He was still really nervous of us and didn't really like us to get too close.  Maddy sat very patiently for ages, holding out a piece of sweetcorn tempting the rabbit to come over to her. The look of sheer joy on her face that she has succeeded at being the first to get the rabbit to come to her for a cuddle means so much to me and makes this my favourite photograph of all time. 

This post is Dawn's entry into the Printerpix Photo competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment