Pages

Saturday 22 June 2013

Coast's little black dress in "A Day At the Races"

I absolutely love the clothes at Coast, so was inspired when they asked bloggers to style a dress from their range of LBDs for a day at the races. I've never managed to get to Ascot (although I did get to the Grand National last year), but its one of those dreams for anyone who loves dressing up. The challenge was to choose one of three little black dresses from their current range and using only Coast accessories style it for a day at the races; not as easy as it seems when all three dresses are gorgeous and the accessories this season are all so easy to wear.

I went with this striking maxi dress which at £220 for a fully lined dress with such a beautiful cut is a great price. I thought purple accessories would lift the dress for a summer day. I already own the shoes, (although I've got them in black) and they are so comfortable that I could quite happily wear them around a race course all day - they also make my ankles look fabulous!

Coast Little Black Dress in a day at the races.



The jewellery is classy and sophisticated and allows the dress to do the talking.  The fascinator complies with dress rules if you need to wear a hat, but aren't really a hat person (like me!). The wrap, is a necessity after all it is summer and although I'm determined that it will not rain, that doesn't mean it won't be windy or chilly.  I am definately of the opinion that  you can never have too many bags, and this bright purple clutch caught my eye, big enough to hold all my essentials but small enough that I'm not going to be weighed down by it all day.  A handy strap means that I can keep my hands free when I get too excited or want to hold my glass of champagne.

If I was lucky enough to win a few bets, this outfit would quite happily take me out for the evening to a nice resturant and certainly won't fall foul of the too short skirt brigade if I get invited into the Royal Enclosure. 

If you want to try and style your own outfit, then you can find all the details here .

I couldn't finish this post without showing you the other two dresses as well. As you can see choosing between the three lbds was the hardest part of this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment