Pages

Monday 5 May 2014

Mybeautycompare.com recommends....

I found this rather nifty website browsing the web the other day: www.mybeautycompare.com 

As they say about themselves.. "MyBeautyCompare is the perfect and easiest way to search and compare beauty products online to suit your personal beauty profile. Are we not all tired of wasting time and money on beauty products that don't work for us? Take the two minute survey at MyBeautyCompare and discover the right products and prices for you and only you! It is the first personalised beauty product recommendation tool."  I have to agree with them. 

It was really quick, it was really easy and the recommendations do seem to fit with my skin type and needs.



 

I have to admit that my first thought was "Wow", not in the choices of what was recommended but in that they didn't instantly bombard me with a list of products that were the most expensive.  As evidenced in the screen shot of the cleansers they would recommend they really do go from low priced to sensibly expensive.  (It's what I tell my husband something cost when it's more than he'd happily pay but about what I think is really not a bad price at all.)  The links take you to shops online where you can buy the product, or as in my case as it recommended Boots, I just nipped down to town to give it a try.

I've got sensitive skin, so I wasn't surprised to see Simple on the list, but I've never tried it.  I normally stick to Liz Earle or Clinique but thought that for this test that wasn't really fair to grab something I already had in my cupboard.  I was pleasantly surprised I have to admit.  I'm not one for applying cleanser by cotton wool, preferring to slather it onto wet skin and wash it off normally so this was a new experience for me.  That said the cleanser was a nice thick consistency so didn't fall off the cotton wool ball immediately or run down my face and I did feel like I'd given my face a proper clean.

Like everything Simple, there is no smell, so I can't remark on that, other than to say that for me this is probably a good thing. 

I've had no reaction to the product at all, and I can come out in hives with baby lotion and other hypoallergenic products so this is another plus.  My skin feels nice and soft and it hasn't dried it out in the slightest.  So for me a success... I'll keep using it for a few more days, and see how I fare... but I will definitely use the site again.


No comments:

Post a Comment